I am not in the mood to delve into further bovine scatology in this post, so this one would go meta. There’s nothing like one good sleep to rid oneself of intrusive thoughts that require thought dumping I guess.
As I do not have anything to write about, the only recourse is to write about what I have already written. I make it a point to not read my earlier entries, but just before writing this I had to fangle about the settings of the CMS to limit the amount of entries displayed on the homepage, and thus I had some time to skim through some of the stuff. And man, is it a snoozefest! What a bore. Even the use of the word fest anywhere near here even as sarcasm is an insult to the word.
But I guess that’s what makes this thing good for its purpose. That’s the point. The very definition of normalcy is that nothing remotely interesting is happening, and that’s great. It’s like, if there’s something truly valuable in the trash, then why is it there? For the purpose of this exercise, which is to have something written, and to make space for any runoff process not garbage-collected by the brain, writing it down is the way to kill it.
Ooops. Timer’s up. Enough for today.
Some things I noticed 01/22/2020:
- very tasteful use of the pedal steel
- algorithms learning to play hide and seek with each other are like babies
- “look at all that wasted space“
- I finally got to finish reading Tim Urban’s A Sick Giant. So maybe the dishonesty metric in his media matrix was what my recent word soup regarding subjectivity was supposed look like if it were intelligible. Still, I like my word soup, it’s mine.
- This deserves its own link. Funny.
- each one gets 2, the other one passed around a third of the time (of which, thanks to the Babylonians, our measure is perfectly divisible by three)